Monday, January 28, 2008

Week Three (and a half!)

The highlight of last week was our trip to the pediatrician - Dr. Jayne Rauwerda. What an awesome doctor she is. If anyone is looking for a doctor for your children, she is the bomb! Anyway - we don't get out much these days.

The girls have grown a ton! Addison is 6lb. 13oz., Ava is 6lb.even, and Elaina is 6lb. 1 oz! Elaina has grown to be the tallest of the 3 at 21inches! Way to go for the underdog! They have also developed reflux over the past week so we now have the pleasure of adding rice cereal to their bottles (as if we didn't have enough to do!). It seemed to help for the spitting, but they were still acting painful so the Dr. put them on Zantac. Hopefully that will solve the problem and we can take them off the rice. One box lasted 3 and a half days!

Emma and Luke are loving the new house and all the new friends they are meeting in the neighborhood! Emma even wrote up 1/2 birthday invitations and distibuted them to the friends with a "check yes or no if you can come" box. We made sure she knew it wasn't a "real party", but she was thrilled to get a good response! They had fun playing in the snow and building a bumpy ramp to sled down with their friends!

I hope to update once a week - sorry this one took so long! Here's the latest pics:

Emma enjoys her new duties

Elaina has become a Ron Howard look-a-like!

Addison, our "little Lukey"

Luke and his buddy Ava

Nightly fussy baby holding!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, So glad to hear the girls are doing so well! The photo of Emma is SO beautiful, it almost makes me cry! Elaina may need her first haircut soon to avoid people getting her confused for Ron Howard. I cut Ethan's for the first time at like 3 weeks because MULLETS were not in style anymore! Hope you have a great week. Lisa Wiersma

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes, Zantac. Smells like pepermint Schnapps if I remember correctly. We had two on it and they didn't like it at all. I found I had to hit the back of their throat with it to force them to swallow it and not spit it back out.

Triplet Mom said...

Great to see you at Coffee Break this morning! You are doing so great with those babies! Isn't it funny how people are amazed to see you out? I'm glad you still get out... it's important!

Heather said...

I've been watching for a new post!
I've been curious how everything was going. I'm glad to hear things are still going well.
I love the picture of Emma- She looks like a pro. I'm sure she will be a wonderful mom like you!

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

I laughed right out loud when I read the "Ron Howard look-alike". They are beautiful babies and it looks like Luke and Emma love to help. Hope their reflux will go away soon. Marva

Anonymous said...

they say everyone has a twin :)

Anonymous said...

she looks WAY older than me

Lia said...

Great to see the updates! What a group! OH and you gotta love the Zantac - works great! You are in our thoughts and prayers! Looks like you are enjoying being a family of 7!!!

Wish we could have meet the girls before we left for South Africa! They are beautiful girls!

Lia, Scott, Maddie and Alex

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersNotes: