Sunday, February 17, 2008

More Strep!

Another week has past and it feels like a blur! I just received a personal phone call from Elaina's doctor who informed me that the little red spot on her neck (which I brought her in for yesterday) was growing STREP, and that she will need to be on amoxicillan now. Add that to the list of medications my poor young one has had to be on in her short 6 weeks of life. Turns out either myself, Emma, or Luke must've somehow given it to her through a scratch in her neck. AAAGGGHHH!

We have discovered that Ava only likes to sleep at night when you are trying to feed her - and likes to be awake and crying when we're trying to sleep! I thinks she's got something wrong here! Even our helpers in the middle of the night have picked up on this and find it's not fun to try to feed a baby for an hour and a half in the middle of the night when the other girls have already eaten, been diapered, and are back to sleep again. Ah.........the life of a triplet parent!

Addison has proved to be our saving grace and seems to be the most content. Our "chubby girl" - as Luke affectionately calls her - has saved us time and time again and sometimes makes it seem as if we just have twins to care for! Lets hope that continues!

We took our first trip as a family of 7 today to Grandma and Grandpa F's house! We had all five kids stuffed in the back of the van, and the big kids were great caretakers for their little sisters! We realize it takes a little longer to get ready to go anywhere, so we'll keep those trips to a minimum for a while (haha!).


Here are a few pictures from our week's adventures!

Our three coneheads

1st Trip to Grandma's

Cousin Ryan with Addison (and Luke)

Grandma's Girls

Swing time

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you keep updating the pictures:) I'm coming March 14 and will make a point to see you all. KLH

Triplet Mom said...

Oh they are getting so old!
Drugs, drugs, and more drugs... I remember that!
I'll be praying that she doesn't get a bad butt rash from the Amoxicillin! My dad makes a great "Magic Butt Cream" for it though!

Hugs!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersNotes: