Sunday, February 10, 2008

Snow Days and Sick Days!

What a week! Superbowl Sunday kicked off our week with a bang! Rich got to take the kids to a Superbowl party and Emma came home and proceeded to vomit all night! No school for her on Monday! Tuesday I took myself to the med center (thanks to 2 lovely volunteers to stay with the girls) and it turns out I had Strep Throat. Wednesday was the big blizzard and trecherous driving conditions, so we tried to cancel all of our volunteers (but managed to have one brave lady come to help!). Thursday was another SNOW DAY from school so all the kids were home again. I'm beginning to think Luke will never make it back to preschool! Friday we started the baby girls on a new medication for reflux - Prevacid. Here's hoping it works! What a week!

The big kids are now pros at baby care (being cooped up most of the week). Luke is our official "Diaper Dumper" and "Paci Putter", while Emma enjoys her duties of feeding babies, and walking around with the Baby Bjorn (thanks, Sue!). I tried out the girls in their bows for the first time - just for fun. Not too bad of a response, so maybe they'll let me keep 'em!



Our "Diaper Dumper"
Addison the Bow Head
I think I see a smirk from Elaina...
Ava's first headband!
Mother's Helper!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, I sure can tell the're growing. Its wonderful how Luke and Emma help you out. All of your children are sooo beautiful. Hope all of you are getting some sleep and can't wait to see you and your family. Miss you! Julie M.(PACU)

Anonymous said...

Oh the sickies on top of snow days...long days! :( I love those pics...Emma looks impossibly big carrying her sister in that Bjorn! :) Hope you guys are staying warm and hope Lukey gets back to preschool soon - if he has alternating days like my kids did, it make for long weeks!

Anonymous said...

I thought Luke was turning into pinochio (sp?) for a minute there. Then I noticed the clothespin. That great.

Anonymous said...

What a lot of pink!! And I thought we had a lot over here. Sorry to hear that you guys haven't been so healthy over there. I know what it's like to have a couple kids down. I can't imagine it x5!! Hopefully the other babies don't get strep. That's no fun, especially when they are so tiny. We will keep you in our prayers...Michelle Donker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersNotes: