Sunday, February 24, 2008

Why Luvs is a Four Letter Word





So Rich and I have discovered why we have always been big fans of Pampers! We decided not to offend our viewers with the very sight of our dear Elaina wearing the most massive blowout known to man (up the front, back, and everywhere in between)! Why is it that it always happens when you put on the cutest, most adorable outfit (sorry, Kar!) - that the diaper decides to fail! Rich asked me permission to cut off the outfit, but I didn't have the heart! Luvs was the culprit this particular time, but we have also been victims of Huggies. Are we the only ones who share this view? We'd love to hear of some good alternatives to our pricey fave!

Since we don't go back to the doctor until mid-March, we we're dying to know how much they've grown. So........my dad came up with the brilliant idea to weigh them on his postal scale! Their 7 week weight checks are: Addison at 9.1 lbs, Ava at 8.2 lbs., and Elaina at 8.6 lbs. I guess the reflux is not affecting them too badly!

This week we decided to wage a little bet with our kids (and Grandpa D) on who would be the first of the 3 girls to smile. Winners get taken out for ice cream. The bets were as follows: Addison = 2 votes (me and Emma), Ava = 1 vote (Grandpa), and Elaina = 2 votes (Rich and Luke). Apparently, mom does not always know best! So, tonight we get to take Lukey and Dad out for their reward. Way to go Elaina! Since then all the girls have smiled - Addison was last night for Grandma F. (we still have yet to see it!). We were actually on a date! Thanks to G and G F., we went out to a movie and dinner and felt like normal married people again! We tried our best to not talk about our kids (and actually succeeded for the most part - except for a few laughs!).

Well - this coming week should be interesting. My dad and Rich's parents will be out of the state, and we will be getting a chance to truly appreciate all they do for us on a daily basis! We are so thankful that Dad will be returning from Texas a week later with MY MOM (yippee!) - and that makes it all worth it! Rich's parents will be in Florida until April and we will surely miss them!




Grandpa D. to the rescue! Ava in "the cute outfit"
Daddy's Little Girls

"Mom, Addie's hitting me!"

5 comments:

Moments Like This said...

I haven't tried name brand diapers because I know I would get hooked. The best diapers that I have found are the Costco brand. For size 1-2 they come in packs of over 200 for only $30 dollars! I've been using them for a week and I love them. They are very soft too!

Anonymous said...

I, too, hate Luvs! We've had no problems with Huggies, but Pampers can be a little flimsy at times (think soaking wet). I've never tried the Costco brand, but always wondered if they were any good...I'll have to pick up a box next time we go. I was so excited that we only had one in diapers now, but we're starting all over again in a few months...we've been buying diapers non-stop since 2000! YUCK!

Lis said...

I have used Pampers for the past 6 years and last week we finally were able to give them up! Yeahh! Levi is potty-trained and I am loving it! I have ALWAYS been a Pampers girl. Nothing else ever worked as good with my boys. I found the best place to buy them is Toys R Us or Babies R US. Frequently they have sales for $5.00 off their biggest box - then you can also use any manufactures coupons. I have saved a ton by buying as many boxes as I had coupons! Sometimes you can get up to $7.00 per box and you only need one $5.00 coupon for as many boxes as you want to buy! So you can stock up! Infact, they may be having one of those sales right now... unless it ends the end of February... it would be worth a call! Otherwise when Toys R Us isn't having a sale usually Target is! So between those two places I have found the best prices! Blessings!

Triplet Mom said...

Brad and I found that in the early months when they are so tiny, Pampers were the only ones that worked! For some reason, when they are so skinny with no leg fat... explosion! We did find that we could start using other brands like Huggies & Luvs when they get to at least size 1's- maybe 2's. When our diaper drive brand names ran out, we went to totally generic diapers during the day and Pampers at night. It seems to do the trick. I liked Luvs, but my girls butts were allergic to them - sad. Currently we use the Sam's Club generics, because that's where our membership is. However, I have tried the Costco ones and I like those even better!

Jenn Vantol said...

I'm getting some good ideas! Thanks everyone! I will try the Luvs during the day and Pampers at night. I can't be picky - a diaper is a diaper at this house! We'll use any we have! I did try a sample of Costco's and liked it, too! Target brand is also a good one!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersNotes: