I am so sad to see this week come to an end. Having my big sister Kari here this week has been so much fun! The kids were completely spoiled by all her love and attention! She will be so missed - I wish she weren't so far away. Kari took Emma and Luke to Build-a-Bear to get something to remember her by. They had a blast picking out outfits and dressing them. The babies decided to impress Aunt Kari with 2 nights of 6 and 7 hours of sleep at a time! Way to go girls!
My sister had the "pleasure" of taking the girls to their 2 month check-up with me! What an experience that was! Three screaming babies and only 2 sets of arms to hold. It breaks a mama's heart! The girl's are weighing : Addison - 11lb. 5 oz., Ava - 9 lb. 13oz., Elaina - 11 lb. 3 oz. We couldn't believe that Addison and Elaina were only 2 oz. apart! Addison is an apple and Elaina's the banana! Ava is the s-l-o-w eater, and wasn't gaining as fast as her sisters - so we now get to concentrate her formula so she gets more calories in the same amount of fluid. So far it seems to be helping!
Friday night Emma got to have her first sleepover with her friend, so Rich decided he would take Luke out for a "guys night". Wouldn't you know they ended up at the Golf Store, and Lowe's - and finished the night off with some ice cream! He's teaching him early! I'm glad they got a chance to have some time together while my sister and I watched the babies! I have been able to enjoy a few short naps this week while my family was here - what a treat!
Thanks for all the fun, love, and affection this week, Aunt Kari! We love you and will miss you!

5 comments:
Thanks for letting me share in your new life, Jenn. The song that comes to mind when I think about you now is Steven Curtis Chapman's The Great Adventure! I don't know how you do it! You have a BEAUTIFUL family and I am so proud to call you my sister! I wish that we could be there to help make your life a little easier, but I am so thankful to everyone that you have supporting and taking care of you since I can't. God bless all of you! I miss the chaos already....although it sure was good to take some Tylenol PM and sleep in my own bed!
Love and miss you all! By the way, I'm defrosting nicely (although I am sitting here in my slippers and fleece bathrobe.) It's about 75 outside!
Thanks for sending my wife home to me, you always realize how much she means to you and miss her when she's gone. I wish I could have been there to share in the time spent with you and your new family additions, time is so short and you don't get get these moments back. I can see how much seeing y'all, and getting to spend time with everyone meant to Kari, so that will have to be enough for me to be content in.
I too wish we could be closer to you to share in each others lives more, as I feel that same way about my mother and sister. Life is so short and family is so important. Tell Emma and Luke that even though I didn't get to see them that I love them and miss getting to see them.
Know that all of you are in our prayers daily and that we think of you often.
Love and prayers,
Uncle Kyle
Hi Aunt Jenn, Uncle Rich, Emma, Luke, Ava, Addison, and Elaina.It's Arik!!I hope you guys had fun while my mom was up there.I heard Emma and Luke got to go to Build-A-Bear!That must have been exciting.While my mom was gone me and Dad also got to have some guy time, like seeing 2 movies in 3 days at the movie theater.But as my dad said thanx for lettin' Mom come home. Everyone here misses you guys and wish we could be there to watch all of your kids to grow up to love the Lord and y'all.
God Bless, and have fun.
Love,
Arik
Jenn- It was so amazing to see you all this week. As I said, I wish I could be there to be a local encouragement for you. Your children are all beautiful and you, of course, are super woman. What a challenge that you successfully face every day... your faith, courage, and smile are unwavering. Your faith and trust in the Lord and our Savior are a blessing to me and all of those who surround you. Love you and I will always be lucky to call you a friend. See you this summer;)
Hi, We're back! Sounds like you had a great time with your sister. I'm so glad she could be here for you all. Wow! 6&7 hrs.It won't be long now till they're sleeping thru consistently. I'll plan on Thur unless I hear differently. The girls will look huge to me I'm sure.
Post a Comment